NIGERIAN CONTENT COMMITTEE
- Objective of Nigerian Content Committee
- Driving the development of Nigerian Content in Engineering Projects and Businesses.
- Drive the identification and implementation of key enablers for Engineering Innovators and Entrepreneurs to set up and run profitable businesses in a sustainable manner.
- Committee’s Purpose
To identify, collate and maintain all relevant government laws, temporary policies/guidelines for the implementation and sustenance of Nigerian Content in the Engineering Industry.
To identify indigenous engineering start-up companies and facilitate funding and other regnant business training/support to make them financially viable.
To provide relevant information to NSE members on sources of funding for Nigerian Content Development.
To develop standard proposal preparation templates in line with funders’ requirements for members use in preparing fundable project proposals.
To identify and engage investors, enterprise development agencies of Government and international development partners that can fund innovative Engineering projects of members to create start-up companies.
To collaborate with relevant organizations, individuals and agencies of Government to organize training for members of NSE on local content development through innovation and entrepreneurship.
To organize Young Engineers Innovation Summit to exhibit innovative projects of Young Engineers with a view to helping them commercialize their ideas. (In collaboration with NCDMB, NASENI, the Academia et al).
To identify and maintain an inventory of fabrication yards, and manufacturing companies around the country with their areas of specialization.
To collaborate with the Technical and Engineering Technology and Innovation Committees to liaise with tertiary institutions and members to identify creative projects and create an inventory of innovative Engineering projects with high commercialization potentials for development into enterprises.
To continue ongoing liaison with the National Assembly for enactment of law on Nigerian Content Development in other sectors of the economy outside the Oil and Gas sector.
Committee Members with NSE President Engr. Tasiu Sa’ad Gidari-Wudil FNSE during the inauguration meeting held on Tuesday 31st May, 2022.
- Committee members
1. Engr. Nnoli Akpedeye, FNSE Chairman
2. Engr. Nnanna Charles Ukaegbu, FNSE Vice Chairman
3. Engr. Dr. Remmy Eluagu, MNSE
4. Engr. Joshua A. Obabiolorunkosi, FNSE
5. Engr. Prof. Remy Uche, FNSE
6. Engr. Olice Kemenanabo, FNSE
7. Engr. Dr. Yetunde Aladeitan, FNSE
8. Engr. Iwhiwhu Maurice Kelly, MNSE
9. Engr. Ejika Emmanuel, MNSE
10. Engr. Solace Akade, FNSE
11. Engr. Obianuju Okwusogu, MNSE
12. Engr. Sunday Popo-Ola, MNSE
13. Engr. Dr. David Ige, FNSE
14. Engr. Eddy Ebruke, MNSE
15. Engr. Matthew Edevbie, FNSE
16. Engr. Paul Zuhumben FNSE
17. Engr. Dr. Solace Akade FNSE
18. Kosi Ekedigwe Secretary
- Upcoming events for 2022 –
a.) Nigerian Content Workshop
b.) Webinars on Local Content
c.) Young Engineers Summit
- Contacts -
i.) Kosi Ekedigwe - Secretary NCC
ii.) Engr. Nnoli Akpedeye FNSE - Chairman NCC